cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corrupting photos on upload

Corrupting photos on upload

Explorer | Level 3

I use the Dropbox app every day to easily move photos from my iPhone to my PC. I've done this for centuries. Since the recent update, however, I'm having issues with the upload.

First, when I open the app and select "Upload Photos," the app defaults to "Recents" but is not seeing the photos I just shot. It seemed to want to find photos in Albums, so I created a specific  Album on my phone and added the desired photos to it. Unfortunately, using "Tap here to change" doesn't allow me to see, let alone select, that album.

Second, on my first shot today I WAS able to move a few photos from the phone to Dropbox, but when I tried accessing them from my PC I was told they are corrupt.

What gives? What happened? What do I do now??

3 Replies 3

Re: Corrupting photos on upload

Dropboxer

Hi there @mossum, thanks for reaching out to us. 

Could you clarify if the images are photos you took, files that were saved from another third party app, or if they were downloaded?

Also, what is the file type of the photos? Could you send me a screenshot of the error message (without any personal info included)?

Keep me posted!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Explorer | Level 3
Thank you for responding, Lucile. The files are JPG format and I took them myself. I have four photos, numbered to show the sequence of events that I am experiencing, But I do not see how to attach them to this message.

Dropboxer

Thanks for getting back to us here @mossum!

You should be able to attach the photos in your reply by using the "Photos" option along the top of the reply box here on the Community.

Otherwise, you can send us a shared link to these files.

Hope that helps!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?