cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Couldn't copy the link. You don't have permission to create a link to this content.

Couldn't copy the link. You don't have permission to create a link to this content.

duronman
New member | Level 2

this message apears any time I try to share a folder...

89 Replies 89

Re: Couldn't copy the link. You don't have permission to create a link to this content.

Walter
Dropboxer
Hey @duronman; thanks for joining our Community!

It seems that your shared links may have been banned somehow. 

If it's been a while since you first got this error, may I reach out via email to have a further look into this?

Thanks!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Re: Couldn't copy the link. You don't have permission to create a link to this content.

duronman
New member | Level 2
Hi, thanks.

[removed per the Community's Guidelines]

Walter
Dropboxer
No worries @duronman; you've got mail!

Walter
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

ishaqura
Explorer | Level 3

Hi Walter
I have the same problem.

Megan
Dropboxer
Hey @ishaqura, happy Monday and sorry for the late reply.

Does the issue persist? Also, does it happen when trying to share a link to any of your folders? 

Keep me posted. 

Megan
dropbox.com/support

vaughn B.
New member | Level 2

I have exactly the same issue. old folder have links that I can copy but any new content I add come up with the message "Couldn't copy the link. You don't have permission to create a link to this content." Not sure how to solve this.

Megan
Dropboxer
Hi @vaughn B. and welcome to our Community.

Sorry to hear you're having issues when trying to share. I'd suggest taking this to email communication, so I can have a better visual of the issue, since we would need to have an overview of your account. 

Would you be okay if I send you an email, so we can take it from there?  

Keep me posted

Megan
dropbox.com/support

vaughn B.
New member | Level 2

Happy to take it up on email.

Thanks

Vaughn

Megan
Dropboxer
That's awesome @vaughn B.

I've reached out via email.

Megan
dropbox.com/support

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropboxer
    Delowar84 Explorer | Level 4
    Megan Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?