cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you're up against the clock to get holiday ready, so here are some tips on how to use Dropbox to make your prep easy! Check them out!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Couldn't copy the link. You don't have permission to create a link to this content.

Couldn't copy the link. You don't have permission to create a link to this content.

AVS-Support
Helpful | Level 5

I tried obtaining a link to share for one of my files and I received this error message

I also tried 24 hours later and I also tried deleting this file and downloading a new file more than 24 hours later and I am still getting this error.

What is going on?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Couldn't copy the link. You don't have permission to create a link to this content.

AVS-Support
Helpful | Level 5

I was able to submit a ticket (after contacting you on Facebook) and only to have the same cookie cutter response that you gave me.  Previous to this issue I have not used my account in 2 years so I highly doubt this is a bandwidth issue as many others are complaining about the same thing in this forum.  

Can someone look into my account and actually look into my bandwidth details of my account instead of giving me a generic response as I do not believe bandwidth limit is the issue as this account is pretty much dormant now?

My ticket number is 15021033 and I want a reply from someone who actually looked into my account not from someone who gives me a general "bandwidth" response without looking into my account then proceeds to close my ticket.  THIS IS TERRIBLE SUPPORT!!!!!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Re: Couldn't copy the link. You don't have permission to create a link to this content.

AVS-Support
Helpful | Level 5

I also want to mention that I was able to upload and subsequently share/create a link a similar file yesterday without any issues (it was actually the exact same program but a previous version) so once I realized there was a more recent version of this file I uploaded it to Dropbox but this newer version would not allow me to share or create a link and gave me this permission error.

Hannah
Dropboxer
Hey @AVS-Support, thanks for joining our Community!

It sounds like your links might be banned due to generating excessive traffic, or because the files were downloaded too many times.

This is temporary and it usually lasts 24 hours. You can see more info about it here

Let me know if you have any questions.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

AVS-Support
Helpful | Level 5

I was able to submit a ticket (after contacting you on Facebook) and only to have the same cookie cutter response that you gave me.  Previous to this issue I have not used my account in 2 years so I highly doubt this is a bandwidth issue as many others are complaining about the same thing in this forum.  

Can someone look into my account and actually look into my bandwidth details of my account instead of giving me a generic response as I do not believe bandwidth limit is the issue as this account is pretty much dormant now?

My ticket number is 15021033 and I want a reply from someone who actually looked into my account not from someone who gives me a general "bandwidth" response without looking into my account then proceeds to close my ticket.  THIS IS TERRIBLE SUPPORT!!!!!

View solution in original post

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

AVS-Support Helpful | Level 5
    Hannah Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?