cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our users can answer all of your questions on files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Create Dropbox Paper Web Clipper extension for Firefox & Chrome web browsers

Helpful | Level 6

Most of note taking services have Web Clipper extensions for modern web browsers like Firefox and Chrome, that provide easy way to store some info in current page or whole page in user note storage. But in Dropbox Paper this feature is missing at now. 

So please create web browser clipper addon for easy clipping content into Dropbox Paper!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Web Clipper Released for Chrome

Helpful | Level 6

Hey Dropboxers,

I have released a beta version of the Web Clipper on Chrome. I have been using Dropbox for a while but recently switched to Dropbox Paper from Evernote and felt the need of web clipper. Developed just last week and all set to release beta after initial testing.

Now you can easily clip and save the contents (Let it be recipe, travel blog, news, research, business, shopping or research article) you like while browsing and never worry about searching the whole list of history and bookmarks again.

ADD TO CHROME
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/web-clipper-for-dropbox/oblhholoigcdnggmpekdkkkohckiennk

CLIP
- Full body from web page
- Select part of web page by moving around cursor and click the highlighted part
- Bookmark
- All image assets

COMING SOON
- Designer friendly way to organize moodboarding.
- Clip color palette and typographies for inspiration.
- PDF files and videos.
- Highlight and edit content before save to Dropbox Paper.

Please let me know if you spot any issues.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8
Highlighted

Re: Create Dropbox Paper Web Clipper extension for Firefox & Chrome web browsers

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hey @Murz. Thanks for your feedback on this, I’ll make sure to pass your comments along to the dev team for review. 

Cheers! 

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Re: Create Dropbox Paper Web Clipper extension for Firefox & Chrome web browsers

Explorer | Level 4

strongly agree. It's a deal breaker for me to use paper instead of onenote

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey there @Cheng Y. - welcome to our Forum and thanks for sharing your feedback.

Just a note here, if you really feel that this would be a nice addition to our features or current functionalities, make sure to upvote the original idea as well

Thanks for using Dropbox & Paper and have a lovely day!

Walter

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4

This is a must have for me too. Would love to move to paper!

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

From time to time I test Dropbox Paper, and I can say the Web Clipper and better table management are the only 2 things that are holding me back from being a Dropbox paid subscriber.

Highlighted

Web Clipper Released for Chrome

Helpful | Level 6

Hey Dropboxers,

I have released a beta version of the Web Clipper on Chrome. I have been using Dropbox for a while but recently switched to Dropbox Paper from Evernote and felt the need of web clipper. Developed just last week and all set to release beta after initial testing.

Now you can easily clip and save the contents (Let it be recipe, travel blog, news, research, business, shopping or research article) you like while browsing and never worry about searching the whole list of history and bookmarks again.

ADD TO CHROME
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/web-clipper-for-dropbox/oblhholoigcdnggmpekdkkkohckiennk

CLIP
- Full body from web page
- Select part of web page by moving around cursor and click the highlighted part
- Bookmark
- All image assets

COMING SOON
- Designer friendly way to organize moodboarding.
- Clip color palette and typographies for inspiration.
- PDF files and videos.
- Highlight and edit content before save to Dropbox Paper.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Re: Web Clipper Released for Chrome

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey there @manish1988 - thanks so much for using Paper and I appreciate the time you devoted to do this and also let us know about it. 

I have moved your post in a more appropriate section of our forums so other users can find it easily.

I also wanted to let you know that this has been suggested in the past on this thread and this one as well. 

Let me know if you need anything else!

Walter

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 6

Hey Dropboxers,

I have been using Dropbox for a while but recently switched to Dropbox Paper from Evernote and felt the need of web clipper (which is also a feature demand from other fellow dropboxers).

I developed this extension last week and launched it on Chrome for initial beta testing. Firefox extension coming soon after the first phase of the successful rollout.

ADD TO CHROME

Thanks!

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Polls
Have you been keeping up good habits while working from home?
We've created a working from home cheat sheet to help keep up on those habits, check it out here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?