Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Created Link for transferred file not working

Explorer | Level 3

I am transferring a file to dropbox to create a link.  The link is creating, I am copying link and emailing to receipient.  However, when you click on the link there is nothing there??  I have checked and the files have transferred to dropbox, so for some reason the link is not working??  Can you help please

5 Replies 5
Highlighted

Re: Created Link for transferred file not working

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi @fm66, I hope you're well today!

Can you try the following to see if you can view the link content:

• Try another web browser
  • Open in an incognito/private browsing window
  • Clear your browser cache and try again

If you're still having issues, please send along a screenshot (excluding any personal info) of the page that you see so I can see exactly what's happening there.

Let me know how it goes!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

We have tried to open in Chrome but no different.  We have sent two different links to different clients and they have both come back saying the link comes up with an error message.

We did a test this morning and the link comes up as follows, with nothing showing

Dropbox.PNG

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Thanks for the screenshot @fm66!

I'd like to have a look into this further with you, so I've reached out to the email linked with your profile here.

Please check your inbox when you have a moment and we can continue from there.

Cheers!

Daphne

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Hi Daphne

I have been trying to reply back to you via email link you sent.  I am entering the relevant email address with my normal dropbox password and it is not working (this password was working this morning!!!)  We did change my email link this earlier today to try and rectify things but it didn't make any difference.  I have tried both emails and neither is working.  This is really quite ridiculous.  We have been trying to send our docmt for 2 days, I am sure it is probably some small thing that needs to be changed or adjusted but it is quite frustrating when I cannot talk to anyone to go through what is actually happening.  I admit, I am not a regular user of dropbox, therefore, more user friendly support would be helpful.  I really don't know what else to do, have just about had enough, very frustrated!!

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

I can see that you replied back to my email shortly after posting here @fm66, so I've just followed up with you there.

I'm sorry to hear about your frustrations with this and I want to assure you that we're looking into this on our side and want to get this resolved for you as much as you do!

If there's anything else I can help with in the meantime, please don't hesitate to nudge me here.

Thanks!

Daphne

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?