cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cyber attack with ransomware file reposition

Cyber attack with ransomware file reposition

JoseOrganista
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi.
I Need some help!
Due to a cyberattack with ransomware encryption, I would like to request the repposition of all my files to date 02/05/2022.
How can i get my files back?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@JoseOrganista wrote:

Due to a cyberattack with ransomware encryption, I would like to request the repposition of all my files to date 02/05/2022.

You can do this yourself. Refer to the following help article and reply back if you have any questions.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@JoseOrganista wrote:

You can do this yourself. Refer to the following help article and reply back if you have any questions.

JoseOrganista
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi, thank you for your kind help.
Unfortunelly this feature does not work on free accounts.
Any other suggesttion?

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

@JoseOrganista the only other option is doing it one by one, or, upgrading for a single month to access that rollback feature. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@JoseOrganista wrote:

Unfortunelly this feature does not work on free accounts.

Version history is available on all accounts. It's just the Rewind feature that's only available with a paid account. You should still be able to recover your files using version history. You just won't be able to do your entire account all at once.

JoseOrganista
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Yes, i know that... but it means doing it file by file...

JoseOrganista
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Thank you.

amemo369
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi there,

My laptop was recently hit by Ransomware and this affected a significant number of files/ folders in my Dropbox desktop application. I am using Dropbox Basic so I am unable to use the Rewind feature. I am aware that I could manually restore previous file versions but would it be possible for an administrator to rewind all of my files & folders to before the Ransomware attack?

Thanks so much for your help

Mostafa

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

Hi @amemo369 

Unfortunately not - rewind is a paid for only feature (as is the ability to log tickets and request it is done). Maybe upgrade for a single month to get it done?

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Mark Super User II
    amemo369 New member | Level 2
    JoseOrganista New member | Level 2
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?