cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily limits on pro account

Daily limits on pro account

Bright
Explorer | Level 4

Hello, I am using Acronis backup and am trying to backup a hard disk, this means about 400GB of data, but the backup failed because Dropbox stopped uploading due to excessive upload.

So there is a daily maximum, even though Dropbox claims there is none.

Please explain once and for all in your help AND IN THE CONTRACT what the precise limits are:

- Max. file sizes

- Max. bandwidth limits

- Max. upload per day

- Max. traffic per day

- Max. shareable per day

- etc.

Make this clear. And when you say there are no daily limits, then repair my account for I do have limits on Dropbox uploads!

BTW, I didn't see any of these limits on my account when I bought the pro version, so remove them, they are not allowed later on.

2 Replies 2

Re: Daily limits on pro account

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi @Bright, thanks for posting on the Community.

I understand your frustration over this matter.

Are you uploading the files directly to the Dropbox site, or are you moving the files into the Dropbox folder so that they can sync to the site?

Is the backup software connecting directly to Dropbox via the API instead?

Any other info or screenshots would be helpful.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Re: Daily limits on pro account

Mark
Super User II

Hi @Bright 

I think you need to speak to Acronis over this (note I used to use them but left as their software was BEYOND buggy!).

Dropbox itself has no limits on uploads etc. if you use Dropbox. But, you are not you are using Acronis. 

There are download limits, but, that shouldnt be an issue here as its all to do with shared links.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?