cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know more about how Community ideas impact Dropbox development? Check it out here

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data from client share missing

Data from client share missing

Urbanalia
Explorer | Level 3

I've had a few problems with a share from my client: client uploads high-res files in a .zip file name folder within which there are the individual files making up the page - InDesign packages which include pictures and artwork files. I go in to Dropbox to download these files - either to my own Dropbox or direct to my Mac. I open up the files and it looks like the files are there but it is only the file structure - absolutely no data. I am mystified how this is. I try to preview a file on Dropbox - like a jpg and in file info it is 0x0 pixels. Is it because of the .zip file extension confusing the file/compression? I've attached a few screenshots. Client is working remotely but files do seem to upload ok.

Empty filesEmpty filesEmpty file structureEmpty file structure

2 Replies 2

Re: Data from client share missing

Walter
Dropboxer
Hey @Urbanalia, sorry to hear you' re having issues with this.

It looks like you stumbled upon an issue with Apple's Double files.Could you have a look at this discussion and confirm if that's the case indeed?

Thanks!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Re: Data from client share missing

Urbanalia
Explorer | Level 3

Hi Walter - that's great - thanks for the tip. Looks like a route. I'll compare files with the client.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Urbanalia Explorer | Level 3
    Walter Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?