cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debug.log file created

Debug.log file created

New member | Level 2

We are noticing that bunch of our users are complaining that they are seeing a debug.log file in dropbox that did not create and it get automatically uploaded to their team folders. here is a few of the log messages i compiled from 5 diffferent users.

note the separation ------------------

[1014/102015.439:ERROR:directory_reader_win.cc(43)] FindFirstFile: The system cannot find the path specified. (0x3)
[1021/111831.905:ERROR:directory_reader_win.cc(43)] FindFirstFile: The system cannot find the path specified. (0x3)
[1021/122301.886:ERROR:directory_reader_win.cc(43)] FindFirstFile: The system cannot find the path specified. (0x3)
-------------------------
[0925/091550.731:ERROR:child_thread_impl.cc(762)] Request for unknown Channel-associated interface: ui::mojom::GpuMain
[0925/092501.944:WARNING:dns_config_service_win.cc(661)] Failed to read DnsConfig.
[0925/102658.852:WARNING:dns_config_service_win.cc(661)] Failed to read DnsConfig.
[0925/105707.817:WARNING:dns_config_service_win.cc(661)] Failed to read DnsConfig.

[1013/094956.414:ERROR:settings.cc(430)] Settings version is not 5

[0208/150214.581:ERROR:child_thread_impl.cc(762)] Request for unknown Channel-associated interface: ui::mojom::GpuMain
[0208/150225.288:INFO:CONSOLE(7] "Uncaught Error: System.ServiceModel.CommunicationException: There was an error reading from the pipe: Unrecognized error 109 (0x6d). ---> System.IO.PipeException: There was an error reading from the pipe: Unrecognized error 109 (0x6d).
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.PipeConnection.FinishSyncRead(Boolean traceExceptionsAsErrors)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.PipeConnection.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, TimeSpan timeout)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

Server stack trace:
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.PipeConnection.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, TimeSpan timeout)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.DelegatingConnection.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, TimeSpan timeout)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.SessionConnectionReader.Receive(TimeSpan timeout)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.SynchronizedMessageSource.Receive(TimeSpan timeout)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.TransportDuplexSessionChannel.Receive(TimeSpan timeout)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.TransportDuplexSessionChannel.TryReceive(TimeSpan timeout, Message& message)
at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.DuplexChannelBinder.Request(Message message, TimeSpan timeout)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.Call(String action, Boolean oneway, ProxyOperationRuntime operation, Object[] ins, Object[] outs, TimeSpan timeout)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.InvokeService(IMethodCallMessage methodCall, ProxyOperationRuntime operation)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.Invoke(IMessage message)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
at CefSharp.Internals.IBrowserProcess.CallMethod(Int64 objectId, String name, Object[] parameters)
at CefSharp.JavascriptMethodHandler.Execute(JavascriptMethodHandler* , CefStringBase<CefStringTraitsUTF16>* name, scoped_refptr<CefV8Value>* object, vector<scoped_refptr<CefV8Value>\,std::allocator<scoped_refptr<CefV8Value> > >* arguments, scoped_refptr<CefV8Value>* retval, CefStringBase<CefStringTraitsUTF16>* exception)", source: file:confused face://C:confused face:Users/****/AppData/Roaming/Bluebeam%20Software/Revu/18/Workflows/Welcome/index-US.html (7

---------------------------------
[0219/154739.318:ERROR:child_thread_impl.cc(762)] Request for unknown Channel-associated interface: ui::mojom::GpuMain

6 Replies 6

Re: Debug.log file created

New member | Level 2

We would like to know why this is the case and how it can be stopped. it is not happening because of opening pdf's in chrome because they use a different application. 

Kindly assist us with this.

THanks

Dropboxer

Hi there @306IT; welcome to the Community!

I haven't seen any similar reports and this sounds strange indeed; can you send me a screenshot of how this looks like on the affected machines so we can have a visual too?

Thanks!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

New member | Level 2

I also had a "Debug.log" added to one of my files.   I have not clicked on it out of concern it could contain something detrimental to my computer.   

Dropboxer

Hi there @LAndersenRNCLNC; thanks for joining our discussion here.

Do you happen to have enabled the hidden files to show on your computer?

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

New member | Level 2

Hmmm... I honestly do not know how to do that, so I would have to say no ! Unless it is something that would occur during an update or on its own? 

LYnn

Dropboxer

Even if it did, it would be your computer's OS doing that, Lynn. 

Did you update it recently by the way? 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?