cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Default sorting in dropbox.com

Default sorting in dropbox.com

AlexD
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

The default sorting in the webapp is folders first, documents after, and the secondary sort is by name.

Once I sorted a folder, I can't revert back to that default sort.

So now if I sort by name, it would sort through all my folder contents (folders/docs mixed)

I can sort by Kind but not define if its Ascending / Descending.

Is there a way to revert back to the default sort for a folder (or even for my entire dropbox, I don't mind)

p.s. the category is wrong, there isn't a suited category for this

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Kora
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hi there,

On your web page, the default way to show the contents of your account is as you said, first folders, then files, in an alphabetical order for each category.

In order for you to go back to that categorization you only have to do, is click on the third column and choose members. Keep clicking and you will see that with every click you will have the option to categorize them by extension, size, kind and members.

Members is the one that will bring you to the default sorting 🙂

Kora

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Kora
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hi there,

On your web page, the default way to show the contents of your account is as you said, first folders, then files, in an alphabetical order for each category.

In order for you to go back to that categorization you only have to do, is click on the third column and choose members. Keep clicking and you will see that with every click you will have the option to categorize them by extension, size, kind and members.

Members is the one that will bring you to the default sorting 🙂

Kora

AlexD
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

The options I have for sorting on the third column is Kind, Extension, Size and Shared With.

I don't have a "Members" option

Kora
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Choose "Shared with"

AlexD
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
I tried, it still mixes "Folders" with "Documents"

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution
I just click the "Name" header and it sorts back to folders on top, then files. This is for both the new interface (which shows "Members") and the old, preferred, interface (which shows "Shared with").

AlexD
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Weird 😞 For me it will just sort by name regardless if its a folder or a file. Same thing with all types of sorting

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution
Browser specific, maybe (wild guess)? What browser are you using?

AlexD
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Chrome (v55, but I'm pretty sure it was the same with earlier versions)
I can try with IE when I get around something with Windows

TalViking
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have the same problem; whatever I do, I cannot get dropbox to start listing my maps (on alphabetical order). It used to do so, but not anymore, quite annoying, does anybody know the solution ?

Need more support?