cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We want to hear from you. What do you use Dropbox for?
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Delete File from another Dropbox account

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Hello.

A client sent me a dropbox link in order to share some photos, however when I clicked on it, it added my whole dropbox to her account! I don't seem to be able to delete it from her account, and can no longer open my dropbox link from my computer.

Any ideas?

I will try to upload a screen shot of what I'm seeing on her account, as well as the error message I'm getting when I try to open my own account. The two areas I've circled in red I've already clicked on and can't find anywhere to delete this.DropboxErrorMessage.jpgDropboxPage.jpg

Thanks in advance!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Delete File From Another Dropbox

Super User II
Super User II

@Tasha_O4 wrote:

A client sent me a dropbox link in order to share some photos, however when I clicked on it, it added my whole dropbox to her account!

You weren't sent a link to share files. You were sent an invitation to join a Business team. Doing so merges your account into the Business account. That basically means that the business now owns the account. Any time remaining on a paid subscription would have been refunded to you.

If you're removed from the team, the account is deleted along with any content. Instead, you need the team admin for the Business account to convert the account back into an individual account for you.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
Highlighted

Super User II
Super User II

@Tasha_O4 wrote:

A client sent me a dropbox link in order to share some photos, however when I clicked on it, it added my whole dropbox to her account!

You weren't sent a link to share files. You were sent an invitation to join a Business team. Doing so merges your account into the Business account. That basically means that the business now owns the account. Any time remaining on a paid subscription would have been refunded to you.

If you're removed from the team, the account is deleted along with any content. Instead, you need the team admin for the Business account to convert the account back into an individual account for you.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Thank you so much!

I've just sent this to my client. Clearly I didn't read the info on the link I was opening - oops!

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?