cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete a folder in Paper

Delete a folder in Paper

CraigBos
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Can't find how to simply delete a folder I don't want. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey @CraigBos, amazing question & thanks a lot for giving me the opportunity to expand a bit on the steps outlined here

As a point of reference, you may keep in mind that any collaborator with edit permissions can archive Paper docs or folders. Archiving a doc or a folder removes it from Paper for all collaborators. Here are the steps to get going with that: 

Sign in to your Dropbox Paper account> Hover over the folder you'd like to archive > Click the check box.> Click Archive.

Once a folder is archived, then you can permanently delete it!

Navigate to your Paper Folders. > Click Archived. > Click the folder you’d like to Delete Permanently. > On the screen that appears informing you that this has been archived, click permanently delete. > To confirm your choice, click Permanently delete.

Screenshot 2018-10-05 at 6.32.46 PM.pngScreenshot 2018-10-05 at 6.32.58 PM.png

(Note: Remember that this action can’t be undone, so be sure that you’ve kept any important content prior to the deletion. In case you’d like to de-clutter your workspace, then you could merely Archive your folder, so as to keep it in case you’d like to use it again in the future or keep a record of older projects.)

That’s it Craig, I hope that this is helpful to you & please do let me know here if you have any follow-up questions. Oh, & happy Friday! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey @CraigBos, amazing question & thanks a lot for giving me the opportunity to expand a bit on the steps outlined here

As a point of reference, you may keep in mind that any collaborator with edit permissions can archive Paper docs or folders. Archiving a doc or a folder removes it from Paper for all collaborators. Here are the steps to get going with that: 

Sign in to your Dropbox Paper account> Hover over the folder you'd like to archive > Click the check box.> Click Archive.

Once a folder is archived, then you can permanently delete it!

Navigate to your Paper Folders. > Click Archived. > Click the folder you’d like to Delete Permanently. > On the screen that appears informing you that this has been archived, click permanently delete. > To confirm your choice, click Permanently delete.

Screenshot 2018-10-05 at 6.32.46 PM.pngScreenshot 2018-10-05 at 6.32.58 PM.png

(Note: Remember that this action can’t be undone, so be sure that you’ve kept any important content prior to the deletion. In case you’d like to de-clutter your workspace, then you could merely Archive your folder, so as to keep it in case you’d like to use it again in the future or keep a record of older projects.)

That’s it Craig, I hope that this is helpful to you & please do let me know here if you have any follow-up questions. Oh, & happy Friday! 

Jane
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

PatrickA
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Thanks for the answer Jane but I simply don't know where to find the "Archived" button. When I go to my Paper folders, I see them all and at the top, I see "All", "Favorites", "Files" and "Folders", that's it. No "Archived".

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi there @PatrickA - how are you today?

You should be able to find your archived Paper folders by selecting the relevant option after clicking on the button shown below:

1.png

Let me know if this doesn't show up for you please. 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

PatrickA
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Thanks Walter for your help. Ok now I see it under the menu. When I click on Archived, I see my folder but the only option I see at the bottom of the screen is "Restore". There is no "Delete" button. 

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for your swift reply Patrick - I appreciate it.

To permanently delete a Paper folder, you'll need to access the folder by clicking on it and from there select the 'delete permanently' option.

This acts like an extra failsafe in case of accidental actions. 

Let me know if you come up with any follow up question @PatrickA

Walter
dropbox.com/support

PatrickA
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Great, thanks again Walter.

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

You're most welcome Patrick!

Have an amazing 2020 :sunglasses:

Walter
dropbox.com/support

HaBango M.
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Delete does not show up in iPad.

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Sorry to hear that @HaBango M..

Have you tried re-installing or updating to the latest version of our mobile app to see if the delete button comes up again?

If it still doesn't show up, please forward me a screenshot so I can have a visual too.

Thanks! 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropbox Staff
    Kerryu New member | Level 2
    HaBango M. Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?