cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete a shared folder that I created when I was a business user if I'm no longer a business user.

Highlighted

Delete a shared folder that I created when I was a business user if I'm no longer a business user.

New member | Level 2

Hi there,

I have a shared folder that I created when I was Dropbox business user. I'm no longer a business user so it seems I can't delete the folder. The folder is empty and as far as I can tell none of the original sharers are linked to the folder anymore.

Thanks in advance,

WCLA

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Delete a shared folder that I created when I was a business user if I'm no longer a business ...

New member | Level 2

Hi Daphne,

Thanks so much for replying, but I finally figured it out. The folder was a team folder that was automatically setup when I created a team. The folder had served it's purpose and I was the last person left on the team. I left the team (presumably it now doesn't exist anymore) and was able to delete the copy of the folder that was then automatically created. I presume the automatic generation of the folder is done so that you can keep a personal "dead" copy of the team data that you had access to while part of team?

Thanks anyway,

WCLA

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Re: Delete a shared folder that I created when I was a business user if I'm no longer a business ...

Dropboxer

Hey there @WCLA, thanks for posting here!

Being on a different Dropbox plan shouldn't affect your ability to remove a folder from your account.

Can you clarify for me where you're trying to remove the folder from? Eg. website, desktop app, mobile app.

Also, are you getting any errors when trying to remove the folder? 

Let me know and we can go from there!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2

Hi Daphne,

Thanks so much for replying, but I finally figured it out. The folder was a team folder that was automatically setup when I created a team. The folder had served it's purpose and I was the last person left on the team. I left the team (presumably it now doesn't exist anymore) and was able to delete the copy of the folder that was then automatically created. I presume the automatic generation of the folder is done so that you can keep a personal "dead" copy of the team data that you had access to while part of team?

Thanks anyway,

WCLA

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Dropboxer

Thanks for getting back to me here @WCLA!

I'm glad to hear that you resolved this, and for letting me know the additional info you found there. I'm sure this will helpful for others having the same issue.

If you were the admin of the team, then you would retain a copy of the team folder. 

If you have any other questions, please feel free to give me another nudge here. 😁

Hope you have a great week ahead!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?