cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete folder in Dropbox

Delete folder in Dropbox

Myhiep
Explorer | Level 3

Dears,

I have shared my dropbox to every one. Sometimes, I met a trouble that can not delete folders.

I deleted them and did not see on desktop but then a while these folders are reappeared. So please support me to solve this issue.

Thanks with best regards

Myhiep

9 Replies 9

Re: Delete folder in Dropbox

Lusil
Dropboxer
Hello @Myhiep, thanks for posting here!

Could you make sure that the desktop app is running on the computer that the folders don't get deleted from? 

You can check that by seeing if the Dropbox icon appears next to your computer's clock, on the system tray (Windows) or menu bar (Mac). 

Also, could you clarify if the folders reappear through the website?

Let me know and we'll go from there, cheers!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Myhiep
Explorer | Level 3

Could you make sure that the desktop app is running on the computer that the folders don't get deleted from? Yes, I make sure

You can check that by seeing if the Dropbox icon appears next to your computer's clock, on the system tray (Windows) or menu bar (Mac).  yes, it is there

Also, could you clarify if the folders reappear through the website? They reappear through the website and desktop app both.

Lusil
Dropboxer
In this case, have a look at the version history of one of the files to see if they are being recovered from a specific device.

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Myhiep
Explorer | Level 3

Hi Lusil,

After checking , I found the file being reuploaded by "APP API" , but there was no user associated with this activity.

Is there any solution ?

Thanks,

My Hiep

Myhiep
Explorer | Level 3

FRIENDLY REMINDER !!!

Myhiep
Explorer | Level 3

FRIENDLY REMINDER !!!

Здравко
Super Collaborator | Level 20

Hi @Myhiep,

Is there any chance you are using Dropbox Backup feature? If so, are you trying to delete some backup folder, selected in the feature before? If so, this is the issue, definitely. To solve this in such a situation turn backup off for the particular folder or at all.

Hope this helps.

Myhiep
Explorer | Level 3

Hi,

I'm using Dropbox business plan. However after checking, there is no Backup feature activated.

Please look further to help me in this case.

Thank you so much,

My Hiep

Walter
Dropboxer

Hey there @Myhiep; do you see any 3rd party apps that could be causing this under your account's Connected Apps tab perhaps? 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?