cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know all about tools for creatives that work seamlessly with Dropbox, like Adobe? Well, check it out right here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Delete "My Mac" Folder

Delete "My Mac" Folder

Sjoho
New member | Level 2

Hey folks, I am trying to delete a "My Mac" folder in my Dropbox. There are plenty discussions on this already. Yes, you have to stop syncing your Mac folders – then this folder usually disappears.

BUT: it does not disappear, if you forgot to stop syncing on your old Mac, when using a new Mac. I can't try it again on my old Mac, as I don't have it anymore. 

So how do I get rid of this folder, if I can't reinstall my old computer? This is weird, that Dropbox does not let me decide what I delete and what not ... 

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Sanchez
Dropboxer
Hey, @Sjoho, thanks for reaching out. 

Sounds like Computer Backup is still enabled on your old computer, so what you can do is to unlink that computer from your Dropbox account. This should allow you to delete that old “My Mac” folder. 

Give that a shot, and let me know how it goes! 

Sanchez
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Sanchez
Dropboxer
Hey, @Sjoho, thanks for reaching out. 

Sounds like Computer Backup is still enabled on your old computer, so what you can do is to unlink that computer from your Dropbox account. This should allow you to delete that old “My Mac” folder. 

Give that a shot, and let me know how it goes! 

Sanchez
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

Sjoho
New member | Level 2

Yesss!! Thank you so much, this was the missing link – could have thought of that myself. Thanks, unlinking the old Mac solved it and I was able to delete the folder! Thanks so much!

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Need more support?