cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleted Camera Uploads

Deleted Camera Uploads

Explorer | Level 3

Hello all,

I have yesterday found that a lot of old photos are missing from my Camera Uploads Folder. However, they have probably been missing for a long time and it is probably not possible to recover them anymore. I would like to ask if there is a way how to recover the files on my local copy of Dropbox or if Dropbox deletes my local copies of files without any back-up as well. Is so, I would be unbelievably grateful for any directions.

Vladislav

3 Replies 3

Re: Deleted Camera Uploads

Dropboxer

Hi @matvl01; welcome to the Community and sorry to hear about your missing files.

As a first step here, could you take a look at your events page and let me know if you can find or restore them from there? 

Thanks a bunch, Vladislav. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Explorer | Level 3
Dear Walter,

Thank you very much for your response. I had a look at the events page, but unfortunately there was no mention of the files that I am missing. I am not sure, but they might have been deleted a way back in October 2018 (or al least that is the date of the oldest photos I still have on my Dropbox). Is there anything else that I can try? Thank you again for the support!

Vladislav

Dropboxer

Thanks for the quick response Vladislav. 

I'm afraid if those files were indeed deleted back then, we won't be able to restore them through Dropbox. 

I wish I had better news for you. 

Please let me know if you have any more questions. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?