cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know all about tools for creatives that work seamlessly with Dropbox, like Adobe? Well, check it out right here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleted Files - Dumb Mistake

Deleted Files - Dumb Mistake

Oak-Girl
New member | Level 2

Back in december I was WFH on an old macbook air. I was running out of storage and deleted my dropbox desktop folder, thinking all the files were saved to the cloud. They were not. I emptied the trash and its been over 30 days. There are over 3k photos, as I used dropbox as my main photo storage. I'm devastated. Can I restore my mac back to before I deleted the file? Can dropbox retrieve them? Any tips?!!

dropbox.PNG

1 Reply 1

Re: Deleted Files - Dumb Mistake

Mark
Super User II

I'm afraid unless you had, at the time of the deletion, a paid account there isnt a way to recover via Dropbox. You may be able to do a rollback etc. via the Mac though - but you'd need to probably speak to Apple about that. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?