cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Deleted Files won't stay deleted

Deleted Files won't stay deleted

finsnlinit
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have a folder that I delete but keeps coming back. I delete it and then try to permanently delete it. When I do that, I get an error that the files can't be permanently deleted because they are still active. 

This is a huge issue because that folder keeps putting me over my limit. This folder was not meant to stay on my account for long. I just need it to go away. 

22 Replies 22

frus
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I think I have the same issue, so not starting a new thread, here it is. 

Only, in my case this is what it says: dr.jpg

By accident when installing Dropbox I put "sync with desktop". Which I do NOT want to do. I couldn't find any way to delete this. Tried to delete the Dropbox app and reinstall it, but it didn't change this. I don't want this to be a feature, how to solve this? 

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @frus; thanks for joining our discussion here and sorry to hear you're having issues with this.

It looks like you've somehow enabled the new, beta computer backup feature so I'd suggest starting from the relevant Help |Center article in this case:

I hope this helps to some extent! 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

frus
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Thanks @walter for the quick response. I managed in the meantime to completely remove the app from the computer and install it again, and in the new installation I changed that preference. So far it seems that it isn't syncing the desktop anymore.  But it was hidden in "advanced" preferences which is not very nice, since it is a major change. 

Need more support?