cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Ross uses Dropbox to answer some new house questions here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleted Folders

Deleted Folders

Anna2005
New member | Level 2

Hi,

So I have the basic account which I now know was possibly my down fall however was not really up to speed with the system to being with. However, my photo storage was full and I needed to get rid of some files. Unfortunately I deleted files on my phone (which I thought belonged to my computer so had no idea they would disappear from my computer as well. These file were incredibly important to my study (25 completed unit in total) which I still used to complete future work. Unfortunately I did not notice this within the 30 days to recover as I had not opened the folder on my computer to discover they were no longer there.

Is there any way at all to recover these? Its fairly devastating to be honest, that with the click of a button all my work can disappear. I have spoken to the live chat who were no help.

I really want my work back. 

5 Replies 5

Re: Deleted Folders

Mark
Super User II

Hi @Anna2005 

I'm afraid not 😞 after 30 days the files are removed. If you didnt have, at the time of purchase, an upgraded account there isnt a way of recovering things via Dropbox now. 

Did you happen to have any syncing devices connected at all?

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Anna2005
New member | Level 2

Well, 

It seems that my phone was sync to my computer which I didn't know - I'm not that technical and my downfall was not really knowing the consequences of deleting it from my phone. I thought because everything was created on my laptop that it would stay there.

I cant believe it really. 

Mark
Super User II

Has your computer been connected since then? If not they may still be on that device

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Anna2005
New member | Level 2

Hi,

Yes it has. Thats how I realised. I went to work on them on my computer (never used that information on my phone which is why I deleted it as it was just taking up space), and then I noticed the folder wasn't there, it must have been a few months since I had done anything with my study.

Thanks

Anna2005
New member | Level 2

Now that I look in my computer recycle bin I can see that files were deleted from my drop box on the 5th of May, however that folder I am after is not there. Is there a reason some would show up in there but not all?

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Anna2005 New member | Level 2
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?