cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Emma uses to-do lists to get it all done here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Deleted file

Deleted file

Meg5
Explorer | Level 3

I have unknowingly deleted an important file.

I can see it in the deleted files section but when I try to restore there is an error message.

OOPs , there was an error, try again later.

I have tried on my mobile app and pc.  any ideas?

5 Replies 5

Hannah
Dropboxer
Hey @Meg5, welcome to the Dropbox Community!

Can you please try to restore the file while logged in to your Dropbox account on a different browser or an incognito/private browsing window?

If you're still having trouble, try locating the deletion event in your Events page and restore the file from there.

Let me know how it goes!

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Meg5
Explorer | Level 3
Thanks Hannah,
Nothing is working, looks like I’ll have to say goodbye to this file.
It’s disappointing that I can’t get in contact with anyone from Dropbox as I don’t know why this has been deleted.
I won’t be recommending Dropbox to anyone

Mark
Super User II

Do you have enough quota to restore it @Meg5 ?

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Meg5
Explorer | Level 3
Good question, how can I tell how much data I have/ need ?

Walter
Dropboxer
You can take a look at your account's plan tab for that piece of information @Meg5

Let us know if you have any other questions!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
We love to learn from the educators who use Dropbox. Whether you teach kids, teens, adults or a combination of all three, we want to know what apps and integrations you use with Dropbox to help with teaching. Which of the ones below is your favorite, or most used tool?
Need more support?