cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about apps and Dropbox integrations to make working from home easy here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleted files are not deleting

Deleted files are not deleting

hodgesse
New member | Level 2

Hello!

I deleted a bunch of files (about 3000) from the Dropbox folder on my Mac.  I used the following command:

find ~/Dropbox -mtime +2000 -delete

Anyhow, they are still in Dropbox.  And my hard disk is nearly full.

What should I do, please?

Thanks,

Erin

2 Replies 2

Re: Deleted files are not deleting

jquizzix
New member | Level 2

Sorry, no answer from me, but I'm having the same issue.  I try deleting files either by right click on the file > delete; also by highlighting the file and pulling down the ellipse icon above > delete; and finally by highlighting the file, scrolling to the right and clicking the ellipse there > delete.  

None of those options work.  Instead of deleting the file, it creates a copy.  Now I have multiple copies I want to delete, but when I try again, I just end up with another copy.  And the chatbox is entirely worthless.  If I can't resolve this, I'll delete dropbox, because I am so done with this.

Re: Deleted files are not deleting

Walter
Dropboxer
Hey there @hodgesse & @jquizzix; sorry for the late response.

Are you still having issues with deleting files from your Dropbox account? 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?