Thank you for trying to help me out. It has been a tough couple of days for me especially when i was just started using Dropbox. Appreciate your help though.
I found the events page, but no record whatsoever of all my files being deleted. I see individual files/folders that I deleted that I restored, but they are but a few.
Unfortunately, i could not find a local copy of my files in my laptop named "Dropbox (Old)" folder.
As for signing into a different account that's why I'm not seeing any of the files in the deleted files page, that's not possible, I don't think. I'm so new to Dropbox, I wouldn't know how to do that.
Part of the frustration is, when signing up to Dropbox, I made the mistake of linking my whole laptop to Dropbox, and since I only have Dropbox basic, it immediately prompted me "I don't have enough space, upgrade now" I was looking for a way to not link my computer and in the panic, I saw a Dropbox logo and probably accidentally tried to empty it. and just like that emptied my laptop of my files.
Hi @Daphne ,
thanks much for your response.
1) I'm guessing that's what happened, when I enabled the computer backup feature to sync other folders on my computer.
2) So I "unhid" my files and did not see a "Dropbox (Old)" for the backup folder to see if the files were there.
3) Strangely, when I tried to delete the files that time, the whole Recycling bin emptied out as well.
I was in the market for an online storage service, this was my first attempt at trying to find one with Dropbox and it was an epic fail. Still hopeful it can be rectified.
Thanks for your response.
to answer your questions
1) With the option to show hidden files, if you do a search in your File Explorer, are you able to locate any of the files? none at all.
2) How about in the Recycling bin now? nothing there too
3) Also, just to make sure we're on the same page, did you delete the Dropbox folder too when you uninstalled the app on your computer? yes i did.
The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.Sound good? Let's get started.
For more info on available support options, see this article.
If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!