cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleted files

Deleted files

rain3
Explorer | Level 3
So I downloaded dropbox one day then decided to uninstall it because I didn't need it. Some days later, I saw the dropbox folder so I thought it was unneccessary seeing as I deleted the program. I deleted it and then a few days later, my documents and downloads and some other folder (I don't know which ones have also been deleted) stopped working. When I click on it, it says Location is not avaiable. I log back into dropbox on a website and looked in my files. It has my old computer files but they're not up to date. My old files also aren't in recycle bin. What can I do to restore my documents and downloads folder that is in the newest version and not the old version of the same folder. If there is any way to restore the newest version of documents/downloads/desktop, please tell me.
4 Replies 4

Re: Deleted files

Walter
Dropboxer
Hi @rain3; thanks for joining our Community and sorry to hear about this. 

It sounds like you enabled the computer backup feature upon installing the desktop app on your computer. 

Can you please try these steps to see if you can restore your file-paths for those folders? 

In regards to your missing files, do you see any sign of them in your deleted files page or the events page?

Let me know how you get on!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

rain3
Explorer | Level 3
I see some of them in the events page but it doesn’t have some of the new folders and things I’ve downloaded. Is there any way to get the newest version

rain3
Explorer | Level 3
Also, I deleted the dropbox folder a few days after uninstalling so I don’t know if that made it so it didn’t save my newer files

Walter
Dropboxer
Can you find any of those newer files locally on your computer, be it in their original locations or your recycle bin @rain3?

You could also enable hidden files to show to see if this helps find them too. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
Which Dropbox integrations are you using while working from home?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?