cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We love to hear how every person gets the most from Dropbox, and it seems everyone has a slightly different use for it - tell us yours here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleted folder not restored yet support ticket marked as Solved??

Deleted folder not restored yet support ticket marked as Solved??

JS A.1
Helpful | Level 6

https://dropbox.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/5405094  The circumstances of a deleted folder is described in my Zendesk ticket.  This message has been repeatedly displayed  ""We had problems loading your deleted files; please try again later."" therefore I cannot access my deletions and cannot automatically do a restore.  No one has responded to my ticket request, yet the ticket is closed and marked SOLVED.  The deleted folder HAS NOT been restored, therefore I do not understand why the ticket was marked as Solved, is no longer active, and no one has contacted me.  

This was not a shared folder.  I was not doing any moves or deletions at all that day.  I  accessed Dropbox.com specifically to open one newly uploaded *.jpg file.  The file was located in a nested folder 3 levels down from the Root.  I got an error when I tried to open the file and from that point I watched in shock all of the files in that folder start being deleted.  Then the next folder up from that, and the next folder up, etc. all the way to the root.  How can that happen?  Even if I accidentally chose delete on the *.jpg, how could that possibly delete the entire directory structure from the root?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Deleted folder not restored yet support ticket marked as Solved??

JS A.1
Helpful | Level 6

Thank you to Vicky for taking care of this today.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Ed
Dropboxer
Hi there,

Can you please reply back to this email you received from support? Please inform this has not been resolved.

Thanks and apologies for the inconvenience

Ed G
Community Manager @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

JS A.1
Helpful | Level 6

Hi, I see this message from you in my inbox and replied earlier; I do not see any emails coming from 'Support'.  Yes, correct, as I indicated earlier, this issue has not been resolved.  The folder is still missing, no one has contacted me pertaining to my ticket yet my ticket was marked 'Solved'.  I have just
checked again and my Ticket is still  marked 'Solved' and 'Comments Closed'. Still cannot access deleted files and folder has not been restored.  What is being done?

Rich
Super User II

If you don't have the email for your ticket that you can reply to, go to your forum user profile and you will probably see the ticket there. You can create a follow-up on it (or log in to Zendesk, open the ticket, and click the create a follow-up link).

JS A.1
Helpful | Level 6

This doesn't make sense to me -- I replied to the email(s) previously - including the one in the above post, which I indicated in my reply.  There were Follow Ups aready initiated.  Now there are THREE Follow Ups in my Activity for this ticket and  2 of them, along with the original ticket, are marked SOLVED.  What is it that I am not already doing that you want me to do in order for someone to work on this and stop marking my requests as 'Solved'?  Why are they being marked 'Solved'? 

activity log

https://screencast.com/t/e1q948Wr8mqk

JS A.1
Helpful | Level 6

Thank you to Vicky for taking care of this today.

View solution in original post

Rudy3
Helpful | Level 5

So here's my experience with Dropbox for those of you contemplating upgrading or purchasing the business support version of dropbox:

I opened a ticket (#538792) and somehow they closed the ticket, then they miraculously created a new ticket (#5387297). They escalated the new ticket. Once a ticket is escalated nobody will be able to help you. You will call in and they will tell you that the ticket has been escalated and you must wait for the emailed response from them (I've been waiting since January 13, 2017, today is Feb. 2, 2017).

They will then tell you that you are speaking to the wrong department, and no they cannot transferyou to the correct department nor can they provide you with any additional customer service number. And no you most definately cannot speak to a supervisor. Supervisors do not take calls nor do they make them.

This is the biggest reason I purchsed the Business version, because when I need help, I need it fast. I thought that's what I was paying for. Our small team pays about $1,200 a year in subscription fees

Oh, I forgot to mention everytime you call in to check on the status of your ticket they will create a new ticket for you. Currently I have about 8 tickets open ( thats about how many times I've called), personally I think I have more.

If you try Chat, you will get the same response. Once your ticket is escalated consider it gone to Nevernever Land. Nobody can read the status, nobody can provide you with an ETA and they will flat out tell you I CANNOT ASSIST YOU. I have several chat transcripts attesting to this.

As of right now I am still in the same boat. Does anybody out there know of any alternatives to Dropbox?

JS A.1
Helpful | Level 6

More than frustrating.  A couple years ago I looked into migrating to another platform due to the Dropbox security issues that came to light in 2014.  https://www.legaltechnology.com/latest-news/security-comment-why-are-people-still-using-dropbox-for-...

I tested Tresorit for several months before commiting to do a full migration over.  Basically I was lazy, put my head in the sand about the security issues, and stayed with Dropbox because it had worked well for me and it was convenient.   I don't really have an opinion either way on Tresorit.  It was fine, easy enough to use.  I don't recall anything that blew me away.  My memory may be fuzzy here, but I had the impression they were a fairly new service at the time so I assume if there were any serious glitches, they've worked that out.  I see they are running GoogleAds now. 

Two weeks to get my dropbox fixed in January.  Multiple open/closed tickets. No explanation.  Best of luck to you.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

JS A.1 Helpful | Level 6
    Rudy3 Helpful | Level 5
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?