Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Deleted "camera uploads" over 12 months ago... is it recoverable?

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Hello all,

In a very silly move I deleted my "Camera Uploads" folder once my free storage from phone purchase expired, as I thought I had it backed up elsewhere.

Turns out I didn't, and it's taken me 18 months to realise.

Absolutely kicking myself -It's a few years of photos including my backpacking trip. I assume I'm out of luck, but want to ask the community before coming to that conclusion! I've tried the new "rewind" feature as well as going through my deleted items etc... am I stuffed? 

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Deleted "camera uploads" over 12 months ago... is it recoverable?

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi @rollsrox, thanks for posting on the Community!

I understand your concern over this matter. Unfortunately, if the files have been deleted from that long ago, then it wouldn’t be possible to recover them, even if you’re on a Dropbox Professional or Business plan, since their recovery period is 180 days.

Depending on your phone, you might have another backup of your images elsewhere on another service, for instance Google Photos (if on Android) and iCloud (if on an iPhone).

While the files would have been permanently deleted by now on Dropbox, there’s always a possibility that those services, if active at the time, have kept a copy for you. I’d personally recommend checking with them directly to see if this is the case.

Wishing you the best of luck and I’m sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi @rollsrox, thanks for posting on the Community!

I understand your concern over this matter. Unfortunately, if the files have been deleted from that long ago, then it wouldn’t be possible to recover them, even if you’re on a Dropbox Professional or Business plan, since their recovery period is 180 days.

Depending on your phone, you might have another backup of your images elsewhere on another service, for instance Google Photos (if on Android) and iCloud (if on an iPhone).

While the files would have been permanently deleted by now on Dropbox, there’s always a possibility that those services, if active at the time, have kept a copy for you. I’d personally recommend checking with them directly to see if this is the case.

Wishing you the best of luck and I’m sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Jay

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Bummer - I thought as much but now at least I know to stop trying through Dropbox.

Thanks for the info!

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Sorry about the situation, I hope that the images were somehow uploaded to another service though, so you can get them back!

Jay

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?