cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting Shared Folders that don't appear under "All Files"

Deleting Shared Folders that don't appear under "All Files"

petramayer
Helpful | Level 5

Hello I am looking for some help. 

I am running out of Dropbox Space despite the fact that my folders are not reaching my limit. When I go into my dropbox account and look under Shared Folders, I see old folders that I think I set up originally and deleted a long time ago. These Folders still show a lot of content. They are not listed under "All Files" so I cannot follow the instructions of how to delete folders and files. 

Anybody got an idea how I can delete these Folders and free up the space in my account?

Petra

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Deleting Shared Folders that don't appear under "All Files"

petramayer
Helpful | Level 5

Thank you again for your response. Your response made me dig deeper into manipulating the folders and files. I had to sign up for the free trial of the 3TB version in order to get access. I think I am now clear that I first have to add them back to my dropbox in order to delete the files and then remove them from my dropbox. A bit of a convoluted process but it seems to work that I am removing shared folders permanently from my dropbox. Once I have done this clean-up, I hope I will be back in business...... 

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

lukeyo
Super User

Maybe they are shared folders that were set up by someone else. Just leave the folders, don't delete them, because the creator could then undelete them and your problem will return.

petramayer
Helpful | Level 5

Thank you for your response lukeyo. I am quite certain they were my own folders. They used to contain files I shared with these individuals. The strange thing is even though they don't show up under "All Files" they seem to be counting towards my storage limit. 

😞

lukeyo
Super User

Can you see the folders on your computer?

Also - another thought, have you enabled DB Backup? That would take a lot of space... and people don't always notice if they have it on.

petramayer
Helpful | Level 5

Thank you again for your response. Your response made me dig deeper into manipulating the folders and files. I had to sign up for the free trial of the 3TB version in order to get access. I think I am now clear that I first have to add them back to my dropbox in order to delete the files and then remove them from my dropbox. A bit of a convoluted process but it seems to work that I am removing shared folders permanently from my dropbox. Once I have done this clean-up, I hope I will be back in business...... 

View solution in original post

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?