cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting a file for ever

Deleting a file for ever

New member | Level 2

Hi, I just permanently deleted an image; however, I see that the preview is still active (https://previews.dropbox.com/p/thumb/...etc) . I would like to know if itwill also be deleted or will it remain in the servers indefinitely.

2 Replies 2

Re: Deleting a file for ever

Dropboxer

Hey there @Degrugium; welcome to our Community!

I believe you're looking at a cached version of the mentioned preview as the link seems to be broken now. 

Let me know if that's not the case though!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Re: Deleting a file for ever

New member | Level 2

Hi, thanks for your response....is quite weird. I just tried after a few horus, and the direct url   of the image deleted permanently still there. However, that image  only loads if I I'm logged  into my account. 

I tried with another browser to discard a cache issue and  the images deleted  load flaweesly ( as I said, they only load if I'm logged into the account where the deleted image was originally uploaded). 

Also, I deleted permanently another photo, grabbed the image's direct url before, and that url still working.

So, I just would like to know if Dropbox keeps some archives in their servers, even if they are deleted permanently. 

By the way, The link that I posted was a inexistent link, it was just an example of the beggining of the typical dropbox direct url... 

thanks. 

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?