cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Deleting a shared folder

Helpful | Level 6

Hi

If you delete a shared folder, it will be moved to the "Sharing" menu and stored as "Folders added to your Dropbox". At the same time, it will be stored in the "Deleted files" menu.

Does that mean the shared folder won't be able to restored after 120 days with a Business plan?
In other words, if you want to add the deleted shared folder to your Dropbox again, does it have to be done within 120days?

Thank you.

Meg

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Deleting a shared folder

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey there @jazzmeg,

If you have temporarily removed a shared folder from your account by simply deleting it from the Files page in Dropbox, then you can add it back at anytime. This is providing that your access to the folder isn't removed by another member.

Essentially, as long as you have "access" to the folder (ie. it is shared with you), it will remain within the Sharing tab to add back to your account.

I hope this helps - Thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey there @jazzmeg,

If you have temporarily removed a shared folder from your account by simply deleting it from the Files page in Dropbox, then you can add it back at anytime. This is providing that your access to the folder isn't removed by another member.

Essentially, as long as you have "access" to the folder (ie. it is shared with you), it will remain within the Sharing tab to add back to your account.

I hope this helps - Thanks!

Daphne

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 6

Hi Daphne,

Thank you for your reply. I am glad I asked because I thought the temporarily deleted folders would disappear after 120 days.

Thanks again.

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey @jazzmeg,

I'm glad to hear that the info helped! 

If there's anything else I can help with then don't hesitate to reach out to me.

Have a great day - Cheers!

Daphne

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?