cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting a tag from a list of multiple tags

Deleting a tag from a list of multiple tags

Anthea1
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I have been experimenting with adding tags to files including by creating a folder and automatically have Dropbox assign tags to files added to that folder, which is very helpful. However, even following the Help instructions at https://help.dropbox.com/files-folders/sort-preview/dropbox-tags I can find no way to remove a tag if it is not among the first tags listed for that file.  In other words, there is no x to the right of tag to delete the tag if it is, for example, the sixth tag assigned. Is there another way?

Thanks.  

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Anthea1
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Thank you @Hannah, I didn't need to try another browser. What I didn't see before was that the actual number of tags not immediately visible is underlined, eg,  +3 , and is clickable, and now when I click on the number, these tags show up and, like the others, have the x to right of them.  Problem solved!  Thanks for responding so promptly.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Hannah
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey @Anthea1, thanks for letting us know about this. 

I tested this on my end and I do see the x on the right of each tag.

Have you tried logging in to your account through a different browser or an incognito/private browsing window, to see if you get a different behavior?

Let me know what you find.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Anthea1
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Thank you @Hannah, I didn't need to try another browser. What I didn't see before was that the actual number of tags not immediately visible is underlined, eg,  +3 , and is clickable, and now when I click on the number, these tags show up and, like the others, have the x to right of them.  Problem solved!  Thanks for responding so promptly.

PremsonsTrading
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

How can I permanently delete a tag from Dropbox?

For example, if there is a duplicate tag or a misspelled tag and I want to permanently remove it from my account.

Nancy
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @PremsonsTrading!

In general, it’s not possible to delete a tag from your Dropbox account altogether; it’s only possible to remove a tag from a specific file by clicking on the X icon that should be showing on it.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Kristin10k
New member | Level 2

This seems like a basic feature to have to manage tags.  I can't believe this hasn't been developed!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Kristin10k New member | Level 2
    Nancy Dropbox Staff
    PremsonsTrading New member | Level 2
    Anthea1 Helpful | Level 5
    Hannah Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?