cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting all files i ever uploaded

Deleting all files i ever uploaded

DieMelone
New member | Level 2

I want to get rid of my dropbox due to privacy concerns. Of course I wont allow dropbox to keep my files, if I delete them I can still restore them and sharing is still turned on. I essentially want to bulk delete all my files and sharing activity.

Is there a way to get in touch with dropbox? I cannot find any emailadress or similar...

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Deleting all files i ever uploaded

Mark
Super User II

Just delete your account - that will do it for you 🙂 

https://help.dropbox.com/accounts-billing/create-delete/delete-account

Just make sure you've downloaded everything you need first - its not reversible. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Mark
Super User II

Just delete your account - that will do it for you 🙂 

https://help.dropbox.com/accounts-billing/create-delete/delete-account

Just make sure you've downloaded everything you need first - its not reversible. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

Bob1325
New member | Level 2

How do I delete files from Dropbox without deleting the same files on my hard drive?  If I do delete files from my Dropbox account, does it free up space in Dropbox? If I delete my Dropbox account are my hard drive files affected?  Appreciate any help.  Thank you.

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi @Bob1325, if you delete files from your Dropbox account, the deletions will sync via the Dropbox desktop application to your computer. 

Deleting files would free up the quota on your account. If you don't want files in your computer to be affected, first unlink the Dropbox desktop application, and then you can delete the Dropbox account.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
Are you starting new work habits this year?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?