cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn about how Kev uses Dropbox to make sure he keeps track of all the new music he listens to? Check out his tips here

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting files doesn't free up my quota, why?

Deleting files doesn't free up my quota, why?

Andersonrm1974
New member | Level 2

I deleted over 100 photos and it’s still saying that my drop box is full how do I fix this problem without having to pay more money for more space

6 Replies 6

Re: Deleting files doesn't free up my quota, why?

Jay
Dropboxer

Hi @Andersonrm1974, thanks for messaging the Community!

Most likely your account is too far overquota that deleting those photos isn't enough. You can check your quota usage here.

Try checking the size of files and folders on your account and delete files from those locations to see if this helps.

Keep me updated with any progress!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Anthoney
Explorer | Level 4

I am having the same problem. I am getting a message saying my dropbox is full and asking me to upgrade. I have deleted almost all the files in my dropbox and yet it seems to make no difference, I still get the notification and am unable to free up any space. I get a notification when I delete files saying that permanently deleting files will not free up space. Why?

Dropbox full despite deleting almost everything.

Anthoney
Explorer | Level 4

I am getting a message saying my dropbox is full and asking me to upgrade. I have deleted almost all the files in my dropbox and yet it seems to make no difference. I get a notification when I delete files saying that permanently deleting files will not free up space. Why?

Megan
Dropboxer

Hi @Anthoney, I hope you're doing well!

Where do you see the upgrade message? If you could send me a screenshot, I'd appreciate it. 

Also, what do you see under your plan page here

Keep me posted, and we'll take it from there.

Megan
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Anthoney
Explorer | Level 4

Hello Lori,

Thank you for your swift reply. I appear to have rectified the issue now. It was a batch upload that I was not aware of that was causing the issue. Apologies for any inconvenience.

Megan
Dropboxer
Don't worry about it @Anthoney!

Glad everything is working.

If you need anything I'll be one post away!

Megan
dropbox.com/support

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Megan Dropboxer
    Anthoney Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?