cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We want to make our Community work for you and we need your help. Take our short survey!
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting files when it ask for Admin permission

Highlighted

Deleting files when it ask for Admin permission

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I am new to dropbox and very frustrated!  Somehow 2GB of pictures automatically loaded themselves to the dropbox.  I deleted them from my laptop, spent 4 hours deleting them from my phone and from the website.  They're BACK!  So again, I spend all this time deleting them.  Now, I found where to permanently delete them.  I do NOT have a business account and it is telling me I need admin rights to delete 100 of them.  I am not computer savvy.  I open the account to receive pictures of my father's funeral and I don't want anything in dropbox but those 20 pictures.  I don't want it to add anything from my laptop or anywhere else. WIthout having to delete the account how do I delete the 100 files from the "you need admin permission" and question 2 is how do I stop the pictures from readding themselves? 

2 Replies 2
Highlighted

Re: Deleting files when it ask for Admin permission

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi @Hollycolliep

Welcome to Dropbox and the Community. Sorry to hear about this experience. 

Can I have a screenshot of the error "you need admin permission" please? 

Dropbox can only upload pictures automatically from your Dropbox mobile application and the camera uploads feature. My understanding is that these unwanted pictures that got uploaded, were on your phone and you do have the Dropbox mobile application installed. Correct?  

I could look into the reason the photos re-appeared after you deleted them, however I would need access to your events history. I can create an email if you want me to check. You won't need to spend more time on this. I understand the pics are permanently deleted now. Right? 

If so, the only thing we need to do now, is make sure to have the "camera uploads" feature disabled on your mobile and desktop Dropbox.

Please find the steps to turn off camera uploads here

Let me know if you need further assistance with the steps and if you have any questions. 

Thank you! 

Fiona
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Highlighted

Re: Deleting files when it ask for Admin permission

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey @Hollycolliep!

Were you able to figure this out and delete your files? 

Fiona
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?