cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting files

Highlighted
New member | Level 2

Hello,

I have been trying to delete files to make more space. To do this, I have been deleting folders. Then, when I go to the deleted files page, I delete these folders/files forever. However, even though I only have a couple of small files in dropbox, I keep being told I have used up all my storage. Can you please advise on how to make space. Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Deleting files

Super Collaborator | Level 20

Yes, of course.

Better use "Share", next to every one shared file/folder, to unshare it (remove yourself from this share or, if the share is you property, make someone else owner). 😉

You can see all your shared files/folders, either your property or shared to you from someone else, here.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
Highlighted

Hi @Rob41,

Take a look on your personal plan information: https://www.dropbox.com/account/plan and you will see where your space have gone. Take in mind shared files/folders engage space on both sides - owner and recipient(s). Entire size is count toward engaged space of every one!

Highlighted

New member | Level 2

That was helpful, thanks!

It says the vast majority is shared files. Is there a mechanism to delete them?

Highlighted

Yes, of course.

Better use "Share", next to every one shared file/folder, to unshare it (remove yourself from this share or, if the share is you property, make someone else owner). 😉

You can see all your shared files/folders, either your property or shared to you from someone else, here.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

New member | Level 2

Thanks again for your quick reply. I do appreciate your help. With your help, I believe I have fixed my storage issue!!

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?