cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting files

Deleting files

New member | Level 2

Hello I am having issues using my dropbox account. I have been on the dropbox website trying to find a solution or email contact for them to no avail so trying on here if anyone can help me! I cannot for the life of me work out how to delete a file. The online instructions say to use the ellipsis next to the file and select delete, which I tried first assuming this would be the way to delete and there is no option to delete. Anywhere. No idea what is going on I hope someone can help me?! I'm hoping I'm just being thick but it just seems over complicated to me. Thank you to anyone that can shed some light! I was hoping to use Dropbox for my business but so far am not too sure it's going to work if it's too complicated to navigate.

1 Reply 1

Re: Deleting files

Dropboxer

Hi @sh29, thanks for contacting us!

Just to be sure we're on the same page, could you attach a screenshot showing exactly where you're trying to delete a file from?

If you don't have the option to attach it on the forum, try uploading the screenshot to your account, and then create a shared link to it.

This will help me assist further with these details!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?