cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deliberate Duplication & Sync

Deliberate Duplication & Sync

EduardH
New member | Level 2

I just synced my Dropbox with Overleaf, so now I have the Dropbox/Apps/Overleaf/Paper1 and Dropbox/Apps/Overleaf/Paper2 folders in my Dropbox, which is fine. However, I'd like to sync both with my main bibliography file. So basically, I'd like my file Dropbox/PhD/Latex/Bibliography.bib to be synced with Dropbox/Apps/Overleaf/Paper1/Bibliography.bib AND Dropbox/Apps/Overleaf/Paper2/Bibliography.bib.

I want to deliberately create a duplicate that keeps syncing, is that possible?

Unfortunately changing the directories of the synchronization isn't possible, as Overleaf states: "Note: It’s not possible to specify which Dropbox folder you want to sync your Overleaf projects too. Due to a Dropbox limitation, your files will always be synced to the Dropbox Apps/Overleaf folder."

1 Reply 1

Re: Deliberate Duplication & Sync

Rich
Super User II

@EduardH wrote:

I want to deliberately create a duplicate that keeps syncing, is that possible?

No, Dropbox is not capable of that. You'll need to find another application to keep the two locations synced. If you're on Windows, perhaps something like SyncToy will do the job.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?