cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Desktop Files Missing

Desktop Files Missing

harmonyknight
Explorer | Level 3

I don’t know what happened. I downloaded drop box and unticked backup and now ALL of my files on my desktop are gone. Please help. ALL my work was on there. It can’t just deleted? It’s not on Dropbox either.

3 Replies 3

Re: Desktop Files Missing

Lusil
Dropboxer
Hello @harmonyknight, thanks for reaching out to us. 

If computer backup wasn't enabled, it shouldn't have added any computer folders to your Dropbox folder. 

Could you do a quick local search on your device to see if the files were misplaced?

Let me know what you find and we'll go from there, cheers!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

harmonyknight
Explorer | Level 3
I’ve searched my laptop for the files and there’s nothing there. There are some in my recents folder but just a few pictures, about 0.1% of everything I actually had in there.

Daphne
Dropboxer
Just to clarify, are those few files that you can find within the Dropbox folder on your computer, or in the original location on your computer, @harmonyknight?

If you haven't already, can you try enabling the option to "Show hidden files" on your computer, and check for the files within the Dropbox folder under "My PC/My Mac".

You can do a quick web search on how to enable this option if you're not sure, depending on the OS version of your device.

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?