cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Desktop Syncing from Cloud Stuck / Takes Forever

Desktop Syncing from Cloud Stuck / Takes Forever

mickey_muds
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Its been days now that my desktop dropbox isnt syncing with my Dropbox account.  Several camera pictures were taken from my phone have been uploaded to the cloud network but unable to sync my desktop and download them.  I have checked the Help page and followed all options to fix - Reinstall desktop app, unlink & relink device, remove & add dropbox folder but still unresolved.  Even left my laptop on for days to sync but still stuck at Uploading 1 File and Downloading 6 files.  Please help.  Thank you.

Basic User with alot of space to used

14 Replies 14

winternet2
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Found the answer.  The pics had been uploaded into my Dropbox, which could be seen from the Dropbox website.  However, for some reason, "LAN sync" was trying to sync the pics from my phone across the local Wifi to my computer to save bandwidth, and it was stuck.

Go into the Dropbox app, to Preferences > Bandwidth > LAN sync, and uncheck the box.

Restart the Dropbox app, restart your computer if needed.  A few minutes later, my pics were synced on my computer.

Then I turned LAN sync back on.

Rishabhdev
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

i did followed the last steps you adviced....but still the files are stucked and just showing the status "waiting for sync" and " uploading"......what else should be done?

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @Rishabhdev; thanks for joining our Community and happy Friday!

Could you send us what the desktop app is reporting at the moment within your computer's system tray/menu bar so we can have a look too?

Assuming that you're running the most recent, stable version of the app, can you please check if there's an antivirus, a firewall or even a VPN/proxy setting that could be causing this? 

If you can normally access the app's preferences, have you tried adjusting the bandwidth settings to see if that improves matters? 

Keep us posted! 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

bburch
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

My Dropbox was continually attempting to sync a few files. Using the Dropbox icon in the menubar, I navigated to Preferences/Account and clicked "Unlink This Dropbox...." In my Mac's Applications folder, I then double clicked on the Dropbox application, which alerted me to the need to unlink several devices. 

bburch
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

These steps solved the problem, so that Dropbox now syncs correctly.

Need more support?