cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difficult to use. Almost have had to stop using it. Go back to the prior version!!

Difficult to use. Almost have had to stop using it. Go back to the prior version!!

Explorer | Level 4

Drop Box has become so difficult to use and so time consuming I have had to stop using it. Go back to the prior version!! Cannot get new documents and files into Drop Box.

3 Replies 3

Re: Difficult to use. Almost have had to stop using it. Go back to the prior version!!

Dropboxer

Hi @tom46017, thanks for posting on the Community!

I understand that you're frustrating with using Dropbox. Could you let know more details on what you were experiencing before and now, so I can help further?

Are you referring to the site, the desktop or mobile app? Any other info or screenshots would be helpful!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Re: Difficult to use. Almost have had to stop using it. Go back to the prior version!!

Explorer | Level 4

I used to be able to do a word or excel document, save it as, and then drag it to Dropbox icon. From there I could drag the item to the category I wanted it to go to. From there I could drag the item to the folder within that category...such as Tax Return, Payroll Info, Correspondance or whatever. 

The upgrade took me to Dropbox for S mode and it is a nightmare to use. Drag and drop is no longer available and moving around within Dropbox is difficult. 

Why did you go to the S mode? It is totally different that Dropbox was before.

Dropboxer

Are you on a Windows 10 S Mode device, or a full Windows 10 OS? You can find out the exact version here.

Are you able to install the Dropbox desktop application from this link, which adds the Dropbox folder on your machine? If not, what error do you get?

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?