cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Direct download issues in Dropbox

Direct download issues in Dropbox

trian
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hello,

I've received a rather large zip-file to download via Dropbox (4.6 GB). I'm on a Mac. Both Safari and Chrome is tested. Same result. The download goes just fine until the file is almost totally downloaded. After a certain point I get an error message:

The network connection was lost.

I've restarted the machine, I've tried a Download Manager (Foxl), I've swiched off all extensions in Safari and I've gotten a confirmation that the zip file is in order (from the person who sent it).

My internet connection is via cable (Ethernet) and it's stable.

Do you have any tips on how to solve this issue? 

Thank you!

Best,

Terje

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

trian
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hello Daphne,

Thank you for your reply. I had to give up. I ended up getting the zip-file transferred via Google Drive.

That worked just fine. Finally.

I didn't test the incognito/private browsing window. Thank you for the tip. Maybe I'm able to utilise this

tip at another time.

The zip file was one large file. I hadn't the individual files available for download. It was a complete zip-file

download only.

Thank you for your input!

Kind regards,

Terje

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @trian; welcome to our Community and sorry to hear you're having issues with downloading this specific file from our website.

Can you please let me know how was this file shared with you and if the issue persists when using another browser

Thanks a bunch, Terje.

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

trian
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hello Walter,

Thank you for your reply. I guess this file is located on the sender own Dropbox account. I purchased a download via PayPal. I received the link in an email. I get the exact error using both Safari and Chrome browsers. I've even tried a download manager without any luck. 

And I've tried to change the last digit in the download URL from 0 to 1 (force download). It's always the same issue. The file downloads just fine, but when the download is about to finish something wrong is happening and I get the error code.

Please let me know if I can provide additional info or do additional tests.

Thank you!

Best,

Terje

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for checking on that @trian!

Out of curiosity, do you see any difference when using in incognito/private browsing window?

Also, if you download a subfolder or one of the files within the main folder, do you get the same error?

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

trian
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hello Daphne,

Thank you for your reply. I had to give up. I ended up getting the zip-file transferred via Google Drive.

That worked just fine. Finally.

I didn't test the incognito/private browsing window. Thank you for the tip. Maybe I'm able to utilise this

tip at another time.

The zip file was one large file. I hadn't the individual files available for download. It was a complete zip-file

download only.

Thank you for your input!

Kind regards,

Terje

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

trian Helpful | Level 5
    Daphne Dropbox Staff
    Walter Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?