cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about how Alex on the Community team used Dropbox in college here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Directory display on website

Directory display on website

tekitson
Explorer | Level 3

Hi.  Been using the web interface for years.  In the past few days when I click on "all files" the page does not display all of the folders.  Even if I refresh the page that does not repair the fact that only the top 30 or so directories display on the page.  I need to get to directories that start with the letter "T" and cannot get them to appear.

This is to work with my directories that I do not sync to my local PC, so I obviously need to be able to see the directories on the web.

Some of the directories I work with have hundreds of subdirectories within them.

A couple of times it has "magically" refreshed itself and fixed the display and access to the previously unseen directories.  But, when I attempt to drag a folder into another folder, for example, the green "do you want to drop...." message doesn't always appear.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

Tom

3 Replies 3

Re: Directory display on website

Lori
Dropboxer
Hello, @tekitson and welcome to our Community! 

Which browser do you use when this happens?

Are the directories you can’t under “All files”top folders, or subfolders? 

In order to help me identify the cause of the problem, try using a different browser or an incognito tab and see if the issue remains.

Let me know how it goes, cheers!

Lori
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

tekitson
Explorer | Level 3

Hi Lori,

Sorry that I forgot to mention the browser, etc.

I use and have been using Firefox for years.  Am on version 87.0 for windows 64 bit.  I have made no structural changes or settings changes to Firefox for a long time besides running the version updates that it asks for.

I opened dropbox.com in both Chrome and Edge.  It worked properly in both of them.

I checked again in Firefox, and the problem is at all directory levels; it seems to be a page rendering thing, because if the page has more than about 30 items on it, they do not appear at the on the list, and reload does not force them to appear.  Happens when I first go to "Files"  it also happens when I go go another level down.

I would certainly like to stay with Firefox.  Let me know what questions you might have.

Tom

Lori
Dropboxer

Hey, @tekitson thanks for clarifying all the details! 

Since the issue happens only on Firefox, I suggest that you try clearing your browser's cache. 

You can also give a try on restoring your browser to its default settings and disable any browser plugins. The issue you're experiencing may be the result of a security setting or a plugin that you have installed on your browser.

Cheers!

Lori
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?