cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We want to hear from you. What do you use Dropbox for?
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Disable Dropbox signup popups on photo links

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

Lately when i share links to folders in my photos sections, a popup window appears asking non signed in users (or non users) to sign up for Dropbox.
Where can i disable this Popup permanently from my end, so that friends and clients will not have to x the window away each time?

6 Replies 6
Highlighted

Re: Disable Dropbox signup popups on photo links

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

You cannot.

Highlighted

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

I don't think you can.. I was searching for that same answer and no luck. I liked dropbox mainly because of its simplicity and easy sharing but now with this change I am leaving and it sucks after gaining so much extra space. It confuses a lot of people who try to see the shared images or file. I have had lots of people say they could not see it, the link did not work, they did not have access to it and even asked me what the password was. Its an annoyance for those who do understand you can just close the window but for many they just leave once they see the popup.

Highlighted

Experienced Collaborator | Level 12

I hit the "share" button and the link is highlighted - so I control-C (copy) it, then goto my email client; open new email, paste the link in and send JUST the link myself - see if that works for you and yours.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

This should at least be a Pro feature. 

If I pay for Dropbox I expect to be able to disable ads/upsells for people or clients I share links with.

In the meantime, I recommend FTPing content to a static file server - more work, but you won't have to instruct people to click in the gray area outside the signup box each time you need to share a folder.

Highlighted

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

Just want to add my voice; I find the popup really impacts usability, especially when sharing with less computer-literate people. To have the linked content briefly appear and then disappear behind a popup is a barrier to entry some people cannot overcome.

A workaround that is occasionally appropriate is to change the 'dl=0' at the end of the link to 'dl=1'. This only works for single files though. Linking to folders this way causes them to download as a zip file, a source of even more confusion to the uninitiated.

Dropbox, please acknowledge this is a problem and fix it.

Highlighted

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

The popup is making public galleries useless.

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Dropbox Community here.]

Polls
Do you know how to organize your files and folders?
<b>We have created a guide on folder best practice, so you can get organized now <a href="https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Business-Tips-tricks/Folder-structure-best-practice/m-p/428456#M39"><u>check it out here</u></a>.</b>

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?