cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do Dropbox and iMac work normally?

Do Dropbox and iMac work normally?

Explorer | Level 3

since i got a new IMac in march 2020 dropbox has not worked - does it work with IMac

5 Replies 5

Re: Dropbox and IMac

Dropboxer

Hi @tonytony6, let's see what we can find here. 

If your device meets the minimum requirements, your should be able to run the desktop app.

Could you also check which subscription you are on by going to the Plan tab online, and how many devices you have connected on your Security tab

Have a look and give me a nudge whenever you have any additional info. Thanks!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Explorer | Level 3

Hi Lusil

Is this any help to you ?

Browser

Safari on Mac OS X.    -     Leyland UK.    -     Current Session.        -   

Mobile Safari on iOS X.  -   Leyland.    -     21 Days ago                      - is this my IPhone?  if so I do NOT want it on Dropbox

Safari on Mac OS X.    -      Preston.    -     7 Months ago                    - this is possibly the Mac Pro

Apple Mail on Mac OS X.   -    Preston.   -    7 Months ago                 - dont know what this is so do NOT want it on Dropbox

Safari on Mac OS X.    -     Preston.    -     Jun 17 2019                         - this is possibly my Mac Pro

Safari on Mac OS X.    - Preston.  -   Feb 11 2019                                 - this is probably my Mac Pro

its all Greek to me.  I am one of those guys who press a button and do not wish to know how the computer works

I wish to use Dropbox for one programme only - Reunikon the Mac family research programme.   NOTHING ELSE ON DROPBOX

Hope this is of some use

Tony

Devices

Tony's IMac.   -    Leyland.   -   in the last hour.                    -   This is still very much in use

Admins Mac Pro.    -     Preston.  -   about 5 Month ago.    -    My Mac Pro has gone

Tony's IPad.  -   Londonderry.  -   about 4 years ago.           -    Londonderry must be acomputer hitch

Dropboxer

Not to worry, I'll do my best to look into this with you. 

From what I gather, the first iMac that you list is the one that's not working accordingly. 

Since it seems to be connected to your account, could you clarify exactly what isn't working for you?

Is the desktop app not starting up automatically, or is it not syncing?

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Explorer | Level 3

Hi Lusil

Yes the top item must be the one I am working with - the IMac

I have 'Reunion' on the IMac but it is not connecting with my IPad and as I add information nothing is updating to or from the IPad 

I have my main family tree on the IMac but on the IPad I have the main family tree plus 5 other small trees which will not open on the IMac.  I have found 2 these 5 trees in Dropbox but cannot move them anywhere and have no idea how to access them

Synch - I had no idea that that had to be done

Tony

Dropboxer

Could you hover over the Dropbox icon that should be next to your computer's clock and let me know what it reads? 

If it's not there, it means that the desktop app isn't running and you'll have to manually launch it from the applications menu. 

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?