cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about apps and Dropbox integrations to make working from home easy here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I have two sets of files in my Dropbox cloud?

Do I have two sets of files in my Dropbox cloud?

Helpful | Level 6

When I log in to dropbox I sometimes see my files and sometimes there are none. It can seem as if I have two DB accounts, or as if there are two locations where my files might be. This could be because I had an account a long time ago which I might have closed, but is still there. It might be because my ID is my email address and I have changed it. Also when I share a file and give permission to share it my colleague can see the file but cannot update it even tho I am told I've given them permission. Can anyone advise?

1 Reply 1

Re: Do I have two sets of files in my Dropbox cloud?

Sanchez
Dropboxer
Hey, @892214, thanks for reaching out. 

Well, from what you’ve described, it does sound like you have two of something: either two copies of files, or two Dropbox accounts, or both! 

Let’s check some things: 

- How many different devices (computers, mobiles) do you access your Dropbox account on? 

- Have a look to see what email address you’re signed in with on each device, both in our app and your browser. 

- Ask your colleague to check the Share Properties of the document to see which email address (Dropbox account) has shared the file with them. 

Let me know what you find, and we’ll go from there! ​​​​​​​

Sanchez
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
How do you get refocussed while working from home? Do you find any of these options keep you from getting distracted?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?