cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Emma uses to-do lists to get it all done here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Do shared link recipients need a Dropbox account?

Do shared link recipients need a Dropbox account?

Dspiker
New member | Level 2
As a real estate photographer I need to make my photos available to the agents who hire me to do a shoot. I am hoping to do this through Dropbox.
Unfortunately, I have experienced times when agents I have sent shared links to are asked to log into their Dropbox account. Some of them don't use Dropbox and have no account. In other instances the link recipients have been met with a message telling them they need to update something about their account or their Dropbox app. I need a solution that will allow my clients to simply download the pictures they have paid for whether they have a Dropbox account or not, and without being asked to do something or jump through any additional hoops. Could someone please tell me if I am doing something wrong or do I need to find a different platform. Thank you.
1 Reply 1

Re: Do shared link recipients need a Dropbox account?

Здравко
Super Collaborator | Level 20

Hi @Dspiker ,

Recipient need Dropbox' account, if you have sent shared file/folder invitation. Two accounts are needed to sync something, including photos. If you have sent a link, additional Dropbox account isn't needed. What actually have you sent? 🤔

Hope this gives direction.

Poll
We love to learn from the educators who use Dropbox. Whether you teach kids, teens, adults or a combination of all three, we want to know what apps and integrations you use with Dropbox to help with teaching. Which of the ones below is your favorite, or most used tool?
Need more support?