cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Find out how Tiffany, a Customer Experience superstar uses Dropbox to keep her family in the loop when it comes to her new baby here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Document issues after cloud sync problem

Document issues after cloud sync problem

Kenjinn13
Helpful | Level 6

Hi all, I've run into an issue with Dropbox, I have word and excel documents being synced to my dropbox folder. Ran into an issue where I was creating a document and was linking dropbox pictures to it via copy and paste. I spent out and have been saving my document along the way but the issue I have is that the file size is 0 KB and if I copy the content over to another word doc it should up but when I save a new file it shows as 0 KB, I'm now worried that all the work I've done up until now will be lost when I close or reboot. I've attempted to resave and create new but will not result.

3 Replies 3

Re: Document issues after cloud sync problem

Walter
Dropboxer
Hi there @Kenjinn13, thanks for posting on our Community and sorry to hear about this.

Can you please let me know how exactly did you link those photos to your doc? Were you embedding them somehow for example?

Do you see this file on our website as normal?

Any additional information is more than welcome! 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Kenjinn13
Helpful | Level 6

the images are stored in dropbox and opened in Adobe illustrator and copied from illustrator over to word. I have pages titles and text I've entered into the document and none of that copies over to. the document I'm editing and working on is located on dropbox, I've even attempted to save a local copy, but this also shows up completely blank with 0kb file size.

Walter
Dropboxer
Could you send me a screenshot of how those files look like @Kenjinn13

I'd like to check their syncing icons, to see if these are local files or online only.

While we're at it, is the desktop app showing 'up to date' or still syncing in your menu bar/system tray?

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropboxer
    Kenjinn13 Helpful | Level 6
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?