cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Document with fillable fields

Document with fillable fields

yvettescott
Explorer | Level 3

Hello, I have uploaded a document to Dropbox. It is a document with fillable fields. When I upload it to dropbox, it converts it to a pdf. I need the form to remain as a document with fillable fields. Can you help me with this? Thank you.

22 Replies 22

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @yvettescott, thanks for messaging today!

Before you upload the file, is it already a PDF file, or was it another type of document?

PDF files can be edited using one of the extensions on the Dropbox site directly, if you're referring to editing files online.

Let me know more so that I can assist further!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

yvettescott
Explorer | Level 3

Hello Jay,

Sorry for the delay, your email just now came through on my spam mail.  It is a pdf with fillable fields.  I can send you the document if there is a way do it on here.

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Okay, so the PDF document appears on the site as a PDF document, so it isn't converted from another filetype. Could you clarify where the issue is exactly?

Are you trying to edit the file via a shared link? Are you logged into your own account? Does the file download without the fillable fields?

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

yvettescott
Explorer | Level 3

Hello Jay,

Yes, it is already a pdf file but has fillable fields.  I need it to remain with fillable fields.  Dropbox converts it to a pdf without fillable fields when I upload it.  It is a Plaintiff Fact Sheet for United States District Court and I need the clients to fill out the fillable fields and return it.  I would appreciate any and all help with this form.  Thank you!

Daphne
Dropbox Staff

Can you let me know if you're trying to edit the file through the website, using an integration @yvettescott?

Or are the fields not available after the file is downloaded from Dropbox? In this case, please let me know which app you're using to open the file.

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

yvettescott
Explorer | Level 3

Daphne and Jay,

I am not editing the file over a shared link.  I am not trying to edit the file through the website.  When I uplaod the file, it is stripping the fillable forms.  Is there a way for me to send the form to you?

Daphne
Dropbox Staff

Which app are you using to try and edit the file, @yvettescott?

The reason I'm wondering this is that you'll need Adobe Reader 8 or later to be able to fill in the form, as outlined here.

The settings of the file shouldn't be affected when uploading/downloading in Dropbox, so this info will be very useful to know in order for us to find the root cause.

If you'd like to, you can send a shared link to the file. Please just bear in mind though, that this shouldn't contain any personal info, as this is a public forum.

Cheers!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

yvettescott
Explorer | Level 3

I am not trying to edit the file.  I am trying to upload it to Active Campaign to send out to clients and for them to return it in a secure format.  Is there an email that I can send it to?

yvettescott
Explorer | Level 3

Hello Daphne,

Sorry for the delay.  Please see the link below to the form:

https://simonlawpc.sharefile.com/r-rcc03584a5c8471f9

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropbox Staff
    HowToDoIt Explorer | Level 3
    Walter Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?