cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our users can answer all of your questions on files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Does Smart Sync works on Mac OS Sierra?

Explorer | Level 4

Hi everyone,

Does Smart Sync works on Mac OS Sierra? 

I would like to take dropbox plan, but I have seen other people experiencing problems with higher versions of Mac OS.

This for me is a deciding issue, cause I want it specifically because of this feature.

So I am wondering if it works on my version, 10.12.6, I cannot find the answer anywhere. 

And please dont tell me to upgrade my Mac OS as it is not an option for me currently.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Does Smart Sync works on Mac OS Sierra?

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey @poppy pop, thanks for reaching out to us - welcome aboard!

Smart Sync works on Mac OSX 10.9 and above, so you should be able to use it. You can find more info about Smart Sync, here

If you run into any issues though or if you have any other questions, we're here to help, so don't hesitate to give us a shout. 

Cheers!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey @poppy pop, thanks for reaching out to us - welcome aboard!

Smart Sync works on Mac OSX 10.9 and above, so you should be able to use it. You can find more info about Smart Sync, here

If you run into any issues though or if you have any other questions, we're here to help, so don't hesitate to give us a shout. 

Cheers!

Lusil

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4

Tested it and it works perfectly! Thank you!

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I am having trouble installing Smart Sync on my Mac High Sierra. I have followed everything on the site. It brings up a window that says To use smart sync you'll need to allow a system extension from Dropbox. First click Continue and then click OK on the alert that appears. BUT i hit Continue, it pulls up a window asking for my mac user name and password. and when i enter that, the window flickers and reappears the first "To use smart sync you'll need to allow a system extension from Dropbox. First click Continue and then click OK on the alert that appears." and nothing happens. HELP . I NEED DROPBOX SMART SYNC. lol My name is Chris by the way. Thank you!!! Also - i'm the only administrator on my laptop because it's my personal. so i don't have any other problems installing programs. 

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey @youbecausenow, thanks for nudging me on this thread, and sorry to hear you're having trouble enabling Smart Sync on your computer. 

Just to make sure we cover as much initial troubleshooting ground as possible, could you have a look at this article and let me know if it helps?

Thanks!

Lusil

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Thank you so much!! I defintely tried all the options on the link you sent. 

However, nothing happens when I first click "continue" and enter my password. It's like nothing happens. It doesnt open a window that even says anything was blocked. 

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Thanks for trying all the steps out, @youbecausenow - great work!

Have you tried rebooting your device by any chance? Maybe that will do the trick. 

Lusil

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?