cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does any plan offer download prevention on embedded video files?

Does any plan offer download prevention on embedded video files?

Carolinej
Explorer | Level 3

I use Mighty Networks as a platform for my workhshops and love that I can drop the link into the classroom area and easily add videos from Dropbox which students watch right in the lesson. The issue is I do not want anyone to download the videos, but I do want them to watch the embedded content. If I disable download in the shared link, the video will not play. If I embed without, anyone watching can download or share the video. At least youtube prevents people downloading, but not sharing. I really need this to work. I have the professional plan. Does the business plan offer this? Dropbox is one of the few places I can store videos that embed directly in Mighty Networks. 

1 Reply 1

Lusil
Dropbox Staff

Hey there @Carolinej, thanks for reaching out to us. 

If you disable downloads for a shared link, users won't be able to download the content from Dropbox, but they should be able to preview it. 

This is available currently for Dropbox Professional and Business subscriptions. 

For this reason, could you clarify what happens when others try to preview the videos while you have the option to Disable downloads enabled?

Keep me posted, cheers!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Lusil Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?