cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Does anybody know how to scale an image inside a Dropbox Paper TABLE?

Does anybody know how to scale an image inside a Dropbox Paper TABLE?

DLuna
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I placed a big image inside a table on Paper but can't find a way to scale it down. The image is large and I would like it to be way smaller. If I reduce the column size the image gets cropped. Any suggestions?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey @DLuna, I quickly checked on my end & resizing doesn’t seem to be an available option at the moment. As a temporary workaround, you can scale down the image locally & re-upload it, since the table size is automatically adjusted to your photo ratio. 

Nevertheless, that’s a great idea & I’d happily pass your interest to our Paper engineering team for future iterations. Let me know if you have any further questions or thoughts here & I’ll make sure to check back with you soon. Thanks! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey @DLuna, I quickly checked on my end & resizing doesn’t seem to be an available option at the moment. As a temporary workaround, you can scale down the image locally & re-upload it, since the table size is automatically adjusted to your photo ratio. 

Nevertheless, that’s a great idea & I’d happily pass your interest to our Paper engineering team for future iterations. Let me know if you have any further questions or thoughts here & I’ll make sure to check back with you soon. Thanks! 

Jane
dropbox.com/support

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.

Kasmenu
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Goodness, just thought I would try Dropbox paper on my iPad, I thought I could open Dropbox, Create a folder on Dropbox , I called it travel share, opened the folder and tried to create a a paper doc.. no such luck.. needed to go out the app and create it from Dropbox paper, “really” anyway did that, then grabbed my first photo from my album it put it on the paper doc but it was too big so tried to grab one of the sides to resize it, no go, tried to pinch it, no go.. “really” this is basic stuff.. deleted the app. Kinder garden stuff.. sad such potential..

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey @Kasmenu, sorry to hear that you’re feeling this way; just so as to see if there’s anything at all I can do to help regarding the issue you’ve described us here, would you mind clarifying if you’ve experienced that when working on a table in Paper (i.e. as per the thread’s title) or you just uploaded an image from your Gallery on your iPad? 

While all the thoughts you’re posting us here help us better understand your needs, I’m here to follow-up on your inquiry & further advise on how you can go about what you had in mind initially. I’ll be awaiting your next message & we'll take it from there!

Jane
dropbox.com/support

Gael_AG
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

This is not an acceptable solution it's a waste of time and energy for a basic feature that shoudl be embedded within paper.  If you offer the possibility to add a media, you have to be able to manipulate it and you did it in a way since it0s possible to align text and replace media. I hope you will add the feature soon 

SonGokussj4
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

This shouldn't be a very big problem but nice feature to have. Please slide it up in priorities. 🙂 

Dropbox Paper is better than it was 2 years ago, I like it more and more. Just 3 things are missing for me:

- Resize a picture
- Have a possibility to have wider text-space than now. Current 800?px is just small.
- When typing code, be able to specify type immediately ```Python <space>

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
All great ideas & thanks for sharing here @SonGokussj4! Kindly note that there’s a special area on the Community where all Feature requests are posted called Share an Idea & we encourage both posting & Upvoting (👍) the features that you’d like to see in the future, as these are submitted to  our dev team. 

I‘d happily move your post under this Category, just so as to see if that’s popular among users; please let me know in your next message if you’d like me to proceed with that & I’ll follow-up soon. Thanks again!

Jane
dropbox.com/support

pGrendel
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I was also just trying to resize an image and surprised to see I can't. It's odd there's an add another image option that resizes the images and places then horizontally next to each other, but no resize option. This is a basic function that should be in there. I'll need to switch back to google docs for this document because I have a bunch of images and I'm not rezising all of them in photoshop. I also hate not having a menu bar of buttons/controls but instead they're placed in a side menu of hotkeys only. Very odd. Generally form follows function, but you guys are letting form drive function which is why google docs is still better as much as I hate to say that.

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey @pGrendel, thanks for taking a bit of your time to post us your thoughts! 

That’s some great feedback, as I understand the benefit of embodying new features & functionalities organically as you go. Re-phrasing from my previous post, kindly note that it would be best if you posted that on the Paper Idea Exchange board, as we’re currently in the process of re-visiting the most popular ones. I could also do so on your behalf if you’d prefer that instead. 

Please let me know what works best for you. Thanks again! 

This thread is closed due to inactivity. Please feel free to create a new topic here. 

Jane
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?