Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Does anyone know how to turn off "Microsoft Office Save Location" on a PERSONAL DB?

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

How do you turn of Microsoft Save Location on a personal DB accont? We foudn it within settings on a business account. But not under settings on a personal acct. Yesterday my Word doc started immediately sycing to my drop box just by saving on my desktop or in documents. 

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: Does anyone know how to turn off "Microsoft Office Save Location" on a PERSONAL DB?

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey there @SB44,

You should be able to disable this option within the desktop app preferences of a personal account too. Can you clarify for me if you're referring to the settings found with these steps:

1. Click the Dropbox icon in your system tray/menu bar.
  2. Click the profile pic/initials icon in the top right of the window.
  3. Choose Preferences...
  4. From the General tab, uncheck the option for "Show Dropbox as a save location in Microsoft Office".

If you're not able to see this option, would you mind sharing a screenshot (excluding any personal info) of what you see there in the General tab?

Let me know what you find - Thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?